We support your employability & professional development
Employablity is about finding the suitable job for you.
The challenge of finding a suitable job is a challenge for almost everyone, irrespective of age, gender or geographical regions.Some people are in less favourable conditions and support is essential for them. For others, support is necessary in critical times, when they are setting up a new professional plan or when they are required to make decisions.
AELIA is a non profit organization, founded in 2013, which supports the employability and professional development of people by organizing Workshops as well as Acceleration Programs (dedicated guidance through mentoring, networking and experiential learning).
How we support you – Levels of support
AELIA Activity extends to 3 levels of employability support:
Level 1 – Knowledge & Food for Thought (Roundtable Discussions, Lectures, Knowledge sharing & dissemination)
We collect and process useful information about employability and professional development. Actually, we have developed our own models of approach to critical employability issues. We are sharing such knowledge
- Through our informational activities
- Our Lectures in several events
- our Roundtable Discussions
- our Live Interviews of experienced professionals
- Through knowledge sharing
Level 2 – Awareness and Learning (Educational Workshops, Learning & Awareness Initiatives)
AELIA has been designing and carrying out educational activities in which professionals (as well as students, as future professionals) can learn about key issues of employability. In all those educational activities, we focus on experiential learning, mainly through simulation exercises, games and roleplay.
Our main educational activities are:
- Our Educational Workshops in a wide range of topics such as
- Soft Skills development,
- Professional Development basics,
- Collaboration and Group work,
- Entrepreneurship for beginners,
- Social Entrepreneurship,
- Transactions and deals for new entrepreneurs,
- Our Learning & Awareness Initiatives, which include a series of events, in which we offer workshops, live interviews of professionals and other experiential learning activities as well as knowledge sharing. Our main Learning & Awareness Initiatives have been:
- The Skills2Start initiative together with the British Council in Greece, for the promotion of the significance of Soft Skills
- The Mix & Meet events, for experiential learning of specific sectors such as agrofood and tourism.
Level 3- Mentoring, Networking and Experiential Learning (Acceleration Programs)
AELIA designs and carries out Acceleration Programs, which aim at offering dedicated guidance helping out people in critical professional steps. We support specific professionals in achieving specific professional goals. Each program targets a specific professional group, defined whether by sector (ie the creative and cultural industries), by age (newcomers in labour market up to 30 years old) or by geographical area (ie the islands)
These are programs of 12 -24 months in which the participants (beneficiaries) are offered mentoring, short training projects-on-the-job and networking opportunities. In our Acceleration Programs we offer
So far , in our Acceleration Programs our beneficiaries have been offered useful assistance to understand critical professional challenges that lie ahead them as well as to take critical professional decisions.